CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Head Case!

Last night Jesse and I had a fun date night, at the ER. This is our second trip with one of the kids in the last 8 months. That doesn't seem to be a great record so far.



The First Time... Nana was babysitting, and I had just left and was about 1/2 way to my destination when I got a call, "Avery fell out of the highchair." She landed on her head. We took her to the ER, after a CT scan and lots of $$$ later, fortunately she was OK!



I think...she may have some long term damage. I can seem to get her to understand that not EVERY animal says "woof, woof". Every time she sees a cow she says "woof woof".



The Second Time...Ethan spilled some water on the floor and then slipped in it. He hit the side of his head. He didn't really cry, just whimpered a little, but when I looked at him I could tell he was in shock a little. All the color had left his face, and he was suddenly lathargic. I held him for a while and then we went to take a bath. After the bath he started throwing up, and I knew we would need to take him in. Throwing up after hitting your head is not a good sign. We got to the ER, and he threw up again! Luckily he was fine, of course after lots more $$$ and a CT scan.



While at the ER he kept begging to Please see the doctor. What a weird kid! He also, may have some long term damage. Now, when I ask him a question, he just roars. Is that normal??? He tells me he's The Beast! I think he may watch too many movies!



Thankfully our two little head cases really are OK! I hope our ER streak is over for a long time. Somehow, I think that's not going to be the case. What with Ethan (who always gets the comment, "WOW he's got energy"), and Avery who has been climbing since before she could walk (I'll post some pics of the heights she's acheived.

2 comments:

Tanya Murray said...

Funny post!

Glad everything turned out okay.

Head trauma can be scary.

White Family said...

That is pretty scary. I don't know if the roaring is as much a worry as his tendency toward bum biting! Like mother like son I suppose!