CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

For those of you NOT in Arkansas!

Here are some pictures of the recent weather we have been having. Those of you who have never experienced an ICE STORM (like me), this is what happens. Of course the pictures DO NOT capture what it really looks like. We were only out of electricity for a few hours, but we didn't wait around that long. Not 30 minutes after the power went out, we packed our bags and headed up to my mom and dads in Bella Vista. The roads were awful but worth it for heat and warm food. We have almost a years supply but we hadn't purchased a propane tank for our grill yet so we had no way of heating our food. I am not sure of the final count for people out of power in our area and surrounding areas, but it was somewhere in the 100,000's. We came home this morning and still have power, but Jesse left for KansasC, MO for a week and a half and so I am trapped inside because I am not about to drive on these roads. Anyway, here are some pics, they are pretty amazing, even beautiful.
Ice crystals on the grass.
Icicles on the kids picnic table and trampoline.
Sheet of ice on the net of the trampoline. The cracks in the sheet of ice are after Jesse went out there with a broom and tried to knock the ice off the net so it wouldn't be weighed down and break the net.... it didn't work!
Icicles on the tricycle
The unexplainable way the ice forms on the branches, twigs and leaves!

2 comments:

Melody said...

OH MY GOSH! And I am freezing down here in Az where its getting down to 62! I don't know how you are doing it! Stay warm!

White Family said...

So, I know it probably sucks to get snowed in but the icy wonderland you guys are living in right now looks GORGEOUS! I've never seen anything like that, and I can only imagine what it looks like in person. I wish we could get iced in for a couple days around here! Chase and I would love to have Kyle all to ourselves for a couple days during tax season, ugh!