CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!! A little late!

I wanted to post my pie success the day after Thanksgiving, but I got sick and am just now getting to it! I have never before made a single pie, and I was commissioned to make 3 for our turkey day dinner. I must say it was fun, and they turned out great. I made a chocolate pie, a lemon meringue, and a pecan cheesecake pie (my mother-in-law's recipe). Our favorite is the pecan cheesecake, we were very happy that the recipe make 2.



Chocolate pie!


Pecan Cheesecake



Lemon Meringue


Hopefully we will be healthy again soon!!!

The day after Thanksgiving I had the stomache flu, and Avery had a random fever that ran all day. Saturday we were both fine, but Ethan was running a fever and had these strange sores/rash around his nose and mouth. We kept him home on Sunday and I took him in Monday. He has a sinus infection, and the sores are Impetigo. Since I got him in right away it hadn't gotten too bad, and is nearly all cleared up today, enough to go back to preschool. Tuesday I woke with a sore throat and fever. I am not feeling too much better (or worse) today. Jesse is the only one to have escaped getting sick over the weekend, and is now out of town so hopefully will stay well!

4 comments:

Josie said...

no fun to be sick over holidays! Get better soon!

kelgrandy said...

Laws Cassandra! We were sick the whole month of October, and it STINKS! Call me if you need anything from the store, or a new movie to watch or something. I mean it :)

White Family said...

Mmmm, you're totally making these again for Christmas. You can't back out now. It would break my heart! My mouth is watering. I just realized I'm the only one who commented on the food. I guess we know where my priorities are. Yeah yah hope you guys are feeling better. Can't wait for the pies!

Anonymous said...

I hate that! The only good thing about having 3 kids sick for over a month and a half is I lost all my baby weight! It plain SuCks to have a sick family. Brenner and Carson had croup really bad, then Avenlee had RSV, and then Brenner and Avenlee had raging ear infections!!!!! I thought I would die, but now we are all healthy and I hope you are your cute family stay healthy the rest of the season. I can't wait to see baby number 3! It's going to be here before you know it!