CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ethan's Highlights!

Disclaimer: This entry is for my benefit, I am trying to be better at writing down the funny things the kids do and say. This one is all about Ethan, it's long, and I will be trying to do an entry like this at least once a week!

One day after bath, Ethan decided it would be fun to run naked through the house screaming "Naked, Naked, Naked!" After letting him do this for a few minutes and trying to catch him, I got frustrated, and pinned him down, at which time he threw the bowling ball at me and it hit my shin...OUCH!, I asked, "Ethan, what is your problem?" He was upset from having been pinned down, and was a little scared that I was mad at him, so his reply was tearful as he said "I don't know. What's Avery's problem?" How do they know just what to say to make you laugh and forget your frustration?


During Family Home Evening one night we were having a lesson on temples. We asked Ethan if he wanted to be with his family forever, he said "Yes, in a tent". Random huh?! He often makes this much sense.


His favorite drink is "rabbit milk". This is regular milk with nesquik powder in it ( strawberry). One day he saw a commercial for his "rabbit milk". His other favorite drink is "bear milk", which is the pediasure drink. One day at Subway I ordered him regular chocolate milk with his sandwich (he won't drink plain milk), and there was a picture of a cow on the front (Horizon), and he screamed out to everyone at the restaurant, "Hey, this is cow milk!" Of course only I thought it was funny because I knew the story behind it.

Whenever Ethan is watching a show and a commercial comes on he gets really upset. I have to explain to him that his show will come back, it's just a commercial. Well, apparently everything I watch is a commercial to him (because it's not a cartoon). One night after putting him in bed and reading books with him, he wanted me to stay and read more, or sing more, or tickle his back, or whatever he could think of to get me to stay. So, I told him that I needed to go, because I was going to go to sleep too and he said " No, mommy, you are going to watch commercials." He's partly right because we do have a TV in the bedroom at the moment and I watch before I go to sleep.


Ethan has an imaginary friend. I had noticed him talking about "Little Sheepy" quite often but it never really hit me that this was his imaginary friend until I heard a friend of mine talking about her little girls imaginary friend. Ethan often talks to "Little Sheepy", and asks to bring him when we go places. I think it's so cute that most kids have imaginary friends that are people, and Ethan's is a sheep! It's so random.


Sometimes kids are curious about bodies. I have been trying to explain to Ethan why I need my privacy when I am using the bathroom, or getting ready to take a shower. I tell him that what's under my clothes is "my business". So that's what he calls it now. He'll point to a body part and ask "Mommy is that your business?" And I have no idea where he came up with it, but he likes to walk up behind me, or anyone and press my bum and say "honk, honk", and so I explain to him that I don't like him to do that to "my business". Today while I was feeding him lunch the TV was on in the background and the person was talking about building a business, and Ethan's head pops up and he says to me, "Mommy, she's talking about your business?" ( and points to my body). He understands the word in the context that I use it in, just not in the context that it's meant to be used in.





















No comments: