CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Journal Entry

YES! You are in the right place. The fact is, I don't have a very long attention span. I got tired of looking at brown, I had to change my template! So , blue it is. However, I do have to say that it is too much work. I couldn't believe all that was deleted in the process. Luckily, I learned from Aubree and I saved all my links before I made my change.

Anyway, I wanted to document some funny sayings, stories, experiences or whatever before I forget them altogether. Ethan just does so many funny, sweet, infuriating things, I can't forget to write them down.

Disclaimer: This may sound more like a journal entry, because it kind of is.

I am such a lucky mom. My kids are the sweetest, ( I swear I'm not biased).

Ethan's new favorite book is "I love you stinky face" (thanks Christy). His favorite part is "But mama, but mama, what if I were a green alien from mars and I liked bugs instead of peanut butter". The mother goes on to say that she would dress him in colors that showed off his green skin and pack his lunch box with the very tastiest bugs. Then she says I love you my green alien. I know why he loves the book. My favorite thing is that after each time I read it to him, he looks at me and says "I love you mommy".

My little boy is also a very observant one. He is always aware of my emotional status. I'm afraid I don't hide my emotions well. What melts my heart is when Ethan can tell, and asks "Mama, er you happy?" If I dare to say no, he starts to cry and says "NO, you be happy!" I have to say, that it really helps me to remember that what I want my kids to remember is that I was happy. Kids really are so much smarter than us. They truly know the meaning of love, and life. They have such strong spirits. How lucky are we, as parents to be able to be trusted with these little souls.

I have to say that I don't always feel like this. Of course, I have my days, more of those days than "perfect" ones, I think. But I thought that I would take advantage and write while I was having a good day, document the moment. And the longer I write the less patient they become, so I guess it's time to sign off, as Ethan just hugged me and said "I love you mommy".

I love you too Ethan!

3 comments:

Melody said...

He is so stinkin' cute!! I can't wait to have kids for those same reasons :)

ChristyAna said...

Hey, now our templates don't look so much alike! That is so good, I couldn't find anything I liked so well as the brown. It is also good to know that there is some technique in saving these things and changing them. I will have to get some professional help before I change stuff around! Love ya, Christy

White Family said...

That was really sweet. You should save these entries to scrap book them later. I think Ethan would enjoy hearing these stories about what a tender little boy he is. I can't agree with you more about what strong spirits these darling children are. What blessings!