CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Ethan Moment! (Journal Entry)

Setting: Eating snack in the kitchen, late afternoon.

Ethan: Mommy, I don't like Daddy-Anta-non.

Mommy: Huh?! Who's Daddy-Anta-non?

Ethan: He's in nursery, I don't like him he's mean to me!


(Now I'm concerned)

Mommy: Well who is he? What did he do to you?

Ethan: Mommy, he's in nursery!

Mommy: OK, what did he do to you?

Ethan: (getting frustrated) NUF-FING!!! (ie. nothing)

Mommy: Ethan, you don't talk to mommy that way. Now, who is this Daddy-Anta-non?

Ethan: (sigh) I don't know!

( So I give up, and go on with planning dinner, and cleaning up snack)

About 10 min later.....

Mommy: (Thinking), that name sounds like Gadianton, maybe that's what he's talking about.

Ethan! Are you talking about Gadianton?

Ethan: Yeah Mommy, I don't like him, he's mean to me, he throws balls at me! I don't like any of them! ( I think he means the robbers)

Mommy: (Now I start testing him to see how much he knows). OK, how about Nephi, Ethan, is he a nice guy?

Ethan: Yeah, he's nice.

Mommy: What about King Noah? Is he nice?

Ethan: No Mommy! He's MEAN!

Mommy: Who else is a nice guy?

Ethan: All of the missionaries, they are nice guys!


So, my little Ethan is actually hearing some of what is being taught. We do read scrips with him each night, and that might help, although we really don't go too in depth. But, here's a shout out to Bro and Sis Hansen!!!



Yesterday we had our primary program for sacrament meeting! It was very well done, and as usual the kids were great! Ethan was paying a little more attention than usual because of the little kids voices, and the singing. He was playing with one of his file folder games, when one of the children said something about the Holy Ghost. Ethan's head pops up and he says (loud enough for 3 rows up AND behind us to hear) "OH, the Holy Ghost is our FRIEND!"



In August we had an Enrichment that we focused on making a variety of things to keep kids occupied and quiet during sacrament meeting. I made a bunch of different file folder games for Ethan. His favorite is one about the word of wisdom. You separate food items either onto a plate for yummy food, and into the garbage go the alcohol, coffee, and drugs. Ethan will often tell me, out of the blue "We don't eat garbage food!". Yesterday, as he was playing this game, he held up the picture of the pills (ie. drugs) and said "Mommy, these are Yucky M&M's". I think I may need to clarify some things for him. I don't want him testing colorful pills to see if they are "Yucky M&M's".






2 comments:

White Family said...

Ok he's hilarious! Reading this really makes me excited for Chase to be Ethan's age, I can't wait for all these entertaining little statements to start coming from him, I think he'll be hilarious also. That is too funny about "Daddy-Antonon", and how frustrated he was getting with you! Oh man just thinking about it cracks me up again, priceless!

Karla said...

That is great. Michael and I were just talking about starting a little FHE with our little Ethan. Thank for the that post. It really make me want to start right away.