CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Theme of the Week

I have been using http://www.letteroftheweek.com/ to do some preschool activities with Ethan. This week our theme is Rainbows. I had a lot of fun doing research this weekend finding some fun activities to support the theme. Monday I introduced the theme by having Ethan help me make "rainbow" sugar cookies. I love how he gets so excited about stuff like this. He was totally into it, and made most of the rainbow shapes all by himself.




When it was time to put him to bed last night he was really fighting me (more than normal), so I told him that I would make him rainbow pancakes in the morning. It always helps him if he has something to look forward to. Here's what they turned out like!

4 comments:

Lara said...

I use to do Letter Of The Week program with my oldest son. He loved it. I never thought of using color cookie dough to make rainbow cookies. I'm going to steal that idea from you. Thanks!

White Family said...

That is so cute Cassandra! Look at you teaching violin lessons, being a full time mommy of two, and a full time preschool teacher. I love these ideas you've come up with, they are so creative. I can't wait to pick your brain when Chase is old enough. How in the heck did you make that rainbow shaped pancake? Amazing. Keep up the good work! Have you thought of teaching preschool out of the home? Just a thought. You'd make an amazing preschool teacher!

ChristyAna said...

You are such a good mommy! My son is standing next to me crying for some attention! We miss you guys. Lots of lOve

Anonymous said...

Oh Cass, You are such a cute mommy! Oh, and by the way.......LoVe Andrea Boccelli! You have great taste :-) Miss you and your cute kiddo's. Talk to you soon. Luv ya, Aub

PS We are all moved into our new house!! It is sooooo fun. You need to come see it for yourself. We have a room for ya ;-)